Friday, October 11, 2013

Progress on grandma's memory quilt

I've made some progress on the quilt for my grandmother. I manage to overcome my differences with my mom's Pfaff and machine applique the tree, leaves, and some flowers onto the background.


I'm all set to sandwich the quilt tonight. But, I have no idea how to quilt it. I am hesitant to try and FMQ with a strange machine, although I think a filler design on all of the white between the photos would highlight them. I am wondering if I want to quilt over the photos and make them more 'backgroundy' - some of them are very prominent.


It's Thursday night and the birthday party is on Saturday. Whatever I decide, it better be soon.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the tree! I would probably make a little FMQ test on the machine you're using. I think it could go either way and if FMQ was a possibility, wouldn't it go much faster? I love the idea of putting a fill design in the white areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely -- and FMQ'ing the white space is a great idea -- I agree with Sophie - do a little test drive of FMQ on a sandwich before working on the memory quilt. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete