Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slow progress

I seem to be having trouble progressing on anything in particular. Everything is progressing a little bit, but no one project seems to be close to the finish line. Perhaps I just have too many WIPs.

Here's what's happening:

  • Butterfly Hearts: I've managed to sew on some more hearts and I like the way it looks so far. I was struggling with finding matching floss to sew each one to the background but suddenly remembered that I had a huge collection of floss from my MIL. I suspect that there are about 500 colors - each one neatly hung on a hanging card and cut into manageable pieces. I am very grateful to have taken possession of this treasure.
  • Plaid Block Lotto #1: I added some borders and am not sure about the bold red/black/white plaid. It should work, but it doesn't. I've put it aside for a while to have a think.
  • Plaid Block Lotto #2: After working on paper and trying a few settings, I've chosen one. I need quite a few narrow bright sashing strips and I did start cutting, but that's about it.
  • Blue snowflakes: A few inches of needle turn applique (maybe?).

This is the Butterfly Hearts quilt so far.

I'm also mulling over the AMQG raffle quilt that I'm organizing. I have about 56 wonky stars set on white backgrounds. My initial instructions were to create different sized stars and not necessarily centered, but most have come in the same size and centered. I didn't want the stars to look aligned in rows, so I'm working through options for adding coping strips to one edge of each and offsetting them. This Sunday we're having a working day to piece together the quilt, so I better come up with the ideas quick...

Sorry, not many pictures this post - makes it a bit dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment