Sunday, July 17, 2011

Green triangle prototype block

I've decided on my layout for the green & cream half-square triangles I started the other day. I did a test block - it has 36 squares and finishes up at about 12 inches.



I have calculated that I'll need 900 squares to complete a queen size quilt. More if I decide to not include borders. So, my measly pile of squares will need to be much bigger.



I'm really happy with the color combo. Just enough variation to look scrappy but not so many to be too bright and vivid (not that that's a bad thing, just not what I'm going for on this one).

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed - setting out to make 1,000 HSTs sounds like getting in queu to be smacked! I recently reorganized the stash and came across a box of 1,200 to 1,400 HSTs that need to be trimmed down to 2.5" squared. I've been doing them 20-30 a day and have another 300-400 to go. I've been thinking of using them in this same block. After seeing your block, I'm fairly certain that is exactly what I'll be doing with them.

    ReplyDelete