Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just getting started

The internet is chock full of creative quilters writing and sharing about their work. I thought that it was time for me to join in.

I've been actively quilting for the past 18 months when I started a quilt for my bedroom after a mini makeover - I just couldn't find the perfect bedspread to go with my new wallpaper.

But my journey did not begin there - I discovered (while cleaning out the guest room closet last year) that I had 5 unfinished quilts, the earliest I began in 1987. I spent the last year dedicated to finishing them and have been bit by the bug again.

My mother is a quilter too and this re-discovered hobby has given us something to do and talk about together. She's far away in Virginia, USA which is where I am originally from.

I hope to post about my works in progress and the inspirations that I discover along the way. Happy quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment